Friday, July 13, 2012

A Life On The Ocean Wave - Lambay Island

© Ann Brien

Last August hubby and I set sail from Malahide Marina, Dublin with our sea-faring friend on his thirty three foot yacht to see, for our first time, not his, the amazing Lambay Island.  This is our largest island off the east coast of Ireland and we were very lucky to have had good weather conditions in which to appreciate its splendour.

Always a lover of all things nautical, I was delighted when our friend allowed me to take the helm for a while including allowing me to guide the yacht through two buoys which took every ounce of my concentration. I was so scared I'd crash I wanted him to stay beside me but no, he left me to it alone!  The sense of achievement I felt following that great accomplishment defies words! He earlier taught hubby and I how to lower the fenders and also how to make the rope knots to secure the yacht to the wall. A great day was had by all. Taken August 2011.

© Ann Brien

© Ann Brien

© Ann Brien

No comments:

Post a Comment