Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sandymount Strand - Childhood Memories

©Ann Brien

I spent my childhood walking along this beautiful, aptly named, Beach Road, Sandymount, Dublin.  If I ever win the lottery I will buy one of those houses facing the sea so as, on long winter nights, I can sit quietly at my bedroom window and gaze out at the Poolbeg Lighthouse, her light hazy yellow in the swirling fog.  I will even imagine her eerie cry to the incoming ships warning them of treacherous rocks ahead.  (God, I've read too many Enid Blyton stories!).  Taken April 2011.
© Ann Brien 

 Sandymount Beach with Poolbeg Chimneys in background
 ©Ann Brien

View from strand up to Beach Road
 © Ann Brien

Old opening once leading to steps
© Ann Brien 

Hope they never remove these steps. I used to smell the seaweed whilst descending them

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry Brian for deleting your comment, I mistakeningly took your triangle photo sign as spam until I read your blog and can see what happened.

    Yes indeed, I still return to Sandymount as often as possible, what a magic place! I've enjoyed browsing your paintings and yes, you can use my photos of the Strand as models for your paintings. I wish you well. Cheers!!! Ann

    ReplyDelete